Client Service Representative - Employee Benefits
While working closely with Benefit Consultants and Account Managers/Executives, you will provide day-to-day support to clients and their employees.
- Work with account team to create and execute proactive strategies for clients regarding their employee benefit plan offerings.
- Provide marketing expertise, support and assistance to Benefit Consultants and Account Managers/Executives. Develop an overall marketing plan and strategy for assigned accounts to ensure that marketing objectives are met.
- Coordinate and issue Requests for Proposals (RFP’s).
- Market coverage for clients including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, AD&D, FSA, COBRA, EAP and Stop Loss.
- Consolidate and analyze market data.
- Review contracts for accuracy regarding agreed upon terms.
- Assist with employee enrollment meetings, new coverage and carrier implementation, answer benefit questions for employers and/or employees and assist employers with benefits compliance.
- Process enrollment and changes for clients. Ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness of submission.
- Act as first point of contact for incoming client and employee calls regarding claims, billing, benefit coverage, enrollment, and eligibility.
- Troubleshoot and investigate complex claims and service issues and interact professionally and positively with clients when resolving such issues.
- Keep current with legislative changes relative to employee benefit plans. Create and disseminate pertinent information to clients.
- Build relationships with carrier representatives.
- Maintain awareness of the insurance marketplace and insurance company underwriting guidelines and programs. Keep abreast of new developments in the insurance marketplace through publications, seminars, and industry organizations.
- Accurately document conversations and refer pertinent information to client/employee as appropriate.
- Electronically file and maintain organization of client documentation and communication records.
- Provide support to other members of account team as needed for new group enrollments, client policy changes, etc.
- Provide back-up assistance to other Client Service Representatives, as necessary.
Personal & Organizational Development
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field along with 1-3 years employee benefit insurance experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge in areas of health and welfare compliance (HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, PPACA, ACA, etc.) preferred.
- Results driven, self-directed, detail-oriented and adaptive with ability to produce quality work output.
- Relationship driven, professional communicator with outstanding customer service oriented skills.
- Proactively initiate and follow through with multiple projects, with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong skills in MS Excel, with proficiency in building spreadsheets utilizing formulas.
- MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint proficiency to produce effective presentations, correspondence, and electronic communication.
- CRM systems and other web-based software applications. Applied – EPIC knowledge a plus.
- Active Wisconsin Health and Life Insurance License or ability to obtain one within one year.
- Professional insurance designations or on-going education preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Diversified Insurance Solutions offers an exceptional benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, STD, LTD, Life and AD&D. To further support the well-being of our staff, Diversified offers paid maternity and paternity leave and a company match to dependent care flexible accounts. Associates have access to an on-site fitness facility, growth and development opportunities, and a range of programs offered through our internal education campaign. EOE M/F/D/V